Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

my beagle jumps fences

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Drakus 
#1 ·
how do i get my 2 year old beagle to stop jumping any size fences?

#2 ·
How tall are the fences and is there anything by them that your beagle can get onto? We have a 6 foot vinyl fence and there is no jumping that. Of course if there was a woodpile or small shed up against it, then they might be able to get over. I am always out there with them to supervise too.

#4 ·
As long as the puppy is kept entertained, is trained and is supervised you shouldn't have issues with anything being ruined. Beagles are curious and love to be with the family. My dogs are inside all the time unless I am outside with them, too much trouble 3 can get into without me!! For puppy owners I always suggest a basic manners puppy class.

#6 · (Edited)
I had the same problem and took SamK's advice and it really helped me. A year later, my dog stopped jumping over the fence and we removed the collar. However, at first I was suspicious of such a collar, as I did not want the dog to be hurt. I searched in Yahoo and found this article https://thepetsmaster.com/best-wireless-dog-fences/ which describes in detail how everything works. I also learned that a strong electric shock doesn't occur and the dog will be fine. Now I recommend the shock collar, as it is effective and cheaper than using the services of a dog trainer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.