how long does it take? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how long does it take?

my beagle just died a few days ago and i cant ever imagine having another beagle. it wouldnt be fair to that dog because in my mind, toby was the best dog that ever lived and there will never be another one like him. my friends all want me to get another dog to take away the sting because i have never been without a dog with me. i know i need a dog to go out on the trails with me, feed the cows with me, and just riding shotgun in my truck and make me feel safe out in the remote countryside. but i cant, because every time i look over at the passenger seat, there he is, looking at me with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. its like losing a kid, it really hurts and it takes time to heal from these wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by casey_chevelle View Post
    my beagle just died a few days ago and i cant ever imagine having another beagle. it wouldnt be fair to that dog because in my mind, toby was the best dog that ever lived and there will never be another one like him. my friends all want me to get another dog to take away the sting because i have never been without a dog with me. i know i need a dog to go out on the trails with me, feed the cows with me, and just riding shotgun in my truck and make me feel safe out in the remote countryside. but i cant, because every time i look over at the passenger seat, there he is, looking at me with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. its like losing a kid, it really hurts and it takes time to heal from these wounds.
    It really is like losing a kid. It hurts a lot. Getting another beagle really did help me. I got a rescue so I saved a little guy's life in honor of the one I lost.

I lost my beagle Cassie December 19, 2009. She died at the age of 7.5 from undiagnosed liver cancer. It was the hardest thing ever. I still cry when I think about her and look at her pictures. But now I have 2 new beagles that I rescued. I actually got them fairly soon after Cassie passed. The way I looked at it was that I couldn't help Cassie anymore. As much as I wanted her with me, I couldn't do anything. But I COULD help another poor beagle that needed a home. I ended up rescuing Stella, a 4 year old beagle in Jan 2010 that was hit by a car and animal control was going to put her to sleep. She is a super sweet beagle and the only lingering effects of her accident are a couple of scars on her right front leg. Then when 1 of my friends was looking to adopt a dog in May 2010 I took her to the same shelter where I found Stella. They remembered how I adopted my Stella and told me they had just received a call about another female beagle (1 year old) that was dumped at a vets office). They didn't have room for her at the shelter, but if I wanted to meet her they would pick her up for me. So of course I couldn't say no... so I ended up with Halley. Cassie will always be in my heart, but now I have 2 other beagles to brighten my life. I don't think I'll ever "get over" losing my beagle Cassie. She was 1 of my babies All I can do is share my love with my 2 new babies!

think that beagles need some more carefully caring...

This Snapback Hat is hugely preferred resulting from their light-weight design and cozy design.
    Monster Energy Hats sale at cheap price,buy the most fashion Monster Energy Hats and enjoy the high quality in our New Era Hats, Snapback Hats outlet shop.

My wife and I had Henna, a chocolate Lab, for 14 years.
    After she passed, we waited for 2.5 years, all the time saying NO MORE DOGS because it's just too hard on us.

We decided in Spring of 2011 to get another dog, and decided if we were going to do this we had to down-size... a Lab was just too much dog!
    We chose the beagle for the appearance, disposition, and size.
    Little Jingo has given us so much joy already, she's the sweetest most loving little dog.

Sadly I know what is in the future.
    We just try to enjoy all the moments between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    We just try to enjoy all the moments between now and then.
    Jingo will spread sunshine and love into your family everyday. You will love and care for Jingo and provide a great home. This is a Win Win for everyone..........Enjoy life each and every day.

Best , oldhounddog

my friend's dog died 3 months ago . it was also a beagle . he was quite heart broken after it died . now i got a new beagle TIP but my friend won't even come near it and makes weird comments about it . I don't know what to do ???

+ Reply to Thread