Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Rescued Beagle always shaking

15K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  KCMike 
#1 ·
Was wondering if this is a trait for the beagle. She is always shaking even when she sleeps. We are the 5th owners in her short 5years, do not think she was beaten, but she is in a happy home now, and I dont know why she is constantly shaking. Anybody with any ideas?
thank you:)

#2 ·
rixaglfer ,

If there are no medical issues , I would say you are dealing with anxiety and a very real fear of not belonging. Being tossed from one place to another may have caused her to feel unwanted. I would suggest working on quality time together and bonding. Quite walks and a few treats along with any fun activity with you will help. At meal time feed some of her food by hand. You should start to see some of this get better with time, just be patient and give her time.

Please post back and let us know how things are going as this will make a good thread to show progress and what you are doing that works to help her....

Best , oldhounddog

#3 ·
thank you for getting back to me. As far as I know she has no medical problems. She was checked out by a vet before the last owner, my stepson, took her. Its just so sad to see her shaking all the time. Even when she is sleeping. We love her to death, never thought we would own a beagle, we owned Great Danes in the past, but we wanted to give her a good home and we wouldnt give her up for anything. You have some great ideas, I appreciate it and will start. Though I dont know if we can give her more attention then we do now! Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
Rick

#8 ·
Hope you get some answers.

My Molly is a super fearful dog, she was found running in the streets and even at the shelter they kept her under the reception desk because she was too frightened in the cage. I have seen her shaking many times from fear/confusion. Generally when she does this she is also holds one paw up and sometimes licks her neck - all signs of fear and anxiety. The only thing that concerns me about your beagle is that she shakes when she is asleep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.