Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

training

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  oldhounddog 
#1 ·
hi i am a thirteen year old boy who has just got his on beagle i was woundering if the dog will run the rabbit back to you durring a hunt. my grandfother has hunted before but i was just woundering.

#2 ·
Dakoda ,

Rabbits will sort of run in a circle , and as the beagle chases the rabbit it will come back around close to where you are at. It just takes doing it a few times to get the hang of it. It would be fun if your beagle could run/hunt with an older more experienced beagle to help your dog pick up hunting skills. Don't worry though as they already know to hunt and it will all come to them in time.

Have fun , oldhounddog

This post has been deleted
#3 ·
thanks oldhounddog! but I've another question. This was about the rabbit hunt while the question is about
the deer hunt.
Do the beagle have caliber to be trained for that? Before this, I didn't believe that beagles are also used for hunt.
lolzz
I'm not kidding.
Beagles need little to no training to hunt Rabbits , however can be trained to hunt other game.

oldhounddog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.