Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

My beagle

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  casey_chevelle 
#1 ·
I have a two year old male beagle and he without fail constantly licks and bites his feet, to the point of litteraly licking the hair off his feet? I dont understand whats going on here. Fred does this to all his feet with no partialality towards any one of them. Does anyone know whats going on here. Please advise me and thank you. Dave.p

#2 ·
I knew a girl once who had a dog not a beagle, I can't remember they type but it had to wear booties all the time because it had some sort of allergy on its feet and whenever it would walk without the booties it would lick and chew at its feet constantly. I'm not sure what the allergy was though.

#5 ·
My beagle used to lick and chew on her feet. You can tell if they have been doing it for a while if the hair around the foot is brown. She had allergies. We changed her food and she settled down. No corn, wheat or beef and she is fine. Sometimes things like rock salt in the winter or fresh grass or certain weeds will irritate their feet. Wash your dog's feet in an anti-itch shampoo and dry them well, that helps if something is on their feet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.