First Aid for tips of ears

Thread: First Aid for tips of ears

First Aid for tips of ears

Whenever I take my dogs out, my male always seems to get the end of his ears cut on briars. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can put on them in the field to stop the bleeding. Never bad enough for a trip to the vet, just looking for something to clot it up.

I would carry some clean gauze pads with you and when the ears get scraped, hold the ear up and apply light pressure with the gauze. Maybe you can carry some antibiotic ointment too just to keep off infection.

regib,

>just looking for something to clot it up.<

To answer your question: http://www.petco.com/product/6112/Kw...ic-Powder.aspx http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-deta...l?skuId=158014

I agree with Mom2Beagles that you may need to do a little more than stop bleeding to insure no infection because anything with those ears can become a serious issue very fast.

If this is more than a scratch then you may want to take additional steps to protect that area. Please post back if you need more info...

Best , oldhounddog

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by oldhounddog; 02-06-2013 at 08:21 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

this last weekend he got the both cut up. I ended up cleaning them real good and than used liquid band aid on them. it seemed to work really well and i am keeping an eye on them to make sure no problems occur. i got to find a better place to hunt!

This is a great site that I just found last week. Thanks to everybody for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by regib View Post
    This is a great site that I just found last week. Thanks to everybody for the advice!
    Welcome to the forum.
    Glad you found the information helpful and please look around as we have a lot to offer Beagle and dog folks in general.

Finding a better place may be the best idea yet , and , I would do the same.

Best , oldhounddog

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

I'm going to go against the grain here. You might find a better place--pine plantation, brushy thickets, etc.--but rabbits and briars go together. Remember, Bre'r Rabbit didn't want Bre'r Fox to throw him into the briar patch. When he did, Bre'r Rabbit danced away. Times change;rabbits don't. My dogs come in almost every time with their tail bloodied from briars and brush. I know they're workin'.

My female has the same problem but it doesn't seem to bother her the problem is stopping the bleeding pressure only stops it until she shakes her head again