Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

rabbit scent

9K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  beaglechaser 
#1 ·
There is a dog supply store 1mile from my house. Stopped there sat got wormer and rabbit scent. If youre a guy, you have to smell it, WOW. Worst than deer scents.lol. algo talked to them bout feed for my pups, dont remember the name of it but as soon as theyre done with the bag they got, im going there to get my next bag.

#2 ·
Hi recurveit,

Wow , a dog supply store that close to you is great. Would you share with us what you are feeding now and the brand you are going to try, When you get around to using that scent let us know what you think of it. Been trying to get my dogs out a little but the rain is a problem and everything is mush , we are hoping for a little drying out.

Best , oldhounddog

#8 ·
This is interesting to me , I've never heard of this brand. The thing that comes to mind every time I think of a new dog food is 2 things.

1. The best kibble is always the one that you can afford to feed your dogs. I've never bought into these very expensive dog foods are worth the money...

2. If possible , I always try to feed a kibble that is not corn based because you have to feed more to get the same amount of nutrition , that is calories your dog can digest easily.

Let me know how this goes.

oldhounddog

#10 ·
We had a pretty good run this afternoon. The snow is starting to melt with lots of bare patches. It's only going to get better. Heading to a field trial Saturday and a state hunt the following weekend. Last trial, Red minused out (-30 points) but he's the only one that had any score. The rest of the cast had zeroes. You can't win with a minus score even if your dog is doing all the work. He minusd out for not producing. Rabbits had been there. Sometimes a big nose helps; sometimes hurts.

Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.