Tick and Flea Repellants
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tick and Flea Repellants

Tick and Flea Repellants

It's the season when ticks and fleas can easily take a ride on our poor pooches. What are you using?

I usually use a soap by Bayer. However, it can only do so much. My beagle loves to go romping in the fields and always manage to bring home an army of ticks.

Are there better suggestions out there?

I often use Frontline. But I'm afraid of fleas developing resistance to it (is this possible???). Has anyone tried Advantage?

There's this all natural flea repellent I got from walmart. I tried it because it contained no chemicals only spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, eucalyptus and others. I forgot the exact name though. I'll post it when I get a new one. It's quite effective and I haven't really had a big problem with fleas. Being natural and all also makes a big difference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

I really like to try those natural flea and tick repellents. I gather they leave less chemical residues in the environment. and they're not toxic to our dogs.

We use Sentinel. It works well with both fleas and ticks.

Natural is really the way to go these days, it's more healthy and economical too.

I learned this from a friend. Just add a small cup of apple cider vinegar or any other vinegar to the drinking water. There wasn't really a time when my dogs had to suffer tick and flea infestation during any season even though they are always playing outside.

Has anyone tried Comfortus? I heard many dog owners swear that it kills ticks and fleas in less than an hour. I haven't tried it though.

Diatomaceous earth (not pool grade!) can be rubbed into the fur to kill fleas. Careful not to rub too close to the eyes. Also can be used on pet bedding and carpets.

Try Advantix. Our vet said aside from killing fleas and ticks, it can also repel them. We live near an area with a considerable deer population and we had to have our dogs vaccinated against Lyme Disease.

I've always used Frontline and it seems to work well. However, once fleas get in the house Frontline will not stop them from jumping on the poor dog's owners!