What is the correct Dosage of Safeguard Panacur 10% paste

Thread: What is the correct Dosage of Safeguard Panacur 10% paste

What is the correct Dosage of Safeguard Panacur 10% paste

I would appreciate help on what is the correct dosage of Safeguard Panacur 10% paste for a 20 lb dog and a 40 lb. dog? The paste tube comes in 250lb. increments and I was wondering if I could just divide the increment into tenths to administer the paste?

Thank you in advance for any and all help

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The paste tube comes in 250lb. increments and I was wondering if I could just divide the increment into tenths to administer the paste?

Hi Jon ,

Welcome back to the forum.

The use of the Horse product on dogs would be something I just do not have enough information to give an accurate answer n dosage .

However , I will try to answer your question. You will need to decide if the information will benefit you.

Our safeguard information here on Beagles Unlimited is 100 mg. (fenbendazole) per 5 pounds of Beagle Dog weight.
    Source of info: https://www.beaglesunlimited.com/heal...sive-treatment

So. for a 20 pound dog you would need a dose of 400 mg. (fenbendazole) per day for 3 days. You will need to look at the dispensed amount of active ingredient per increment on the syringe to get close. If what you have is like the Safe guard 10% syringe I looked at , the amount of active ingredient dispensed is aprox 250 mg (fenbendazole) per notch on the plunger after you purge the air. So , my guess would be 2 notches on plunger for a 20 pound dog per day for 3 days , and , 4 notches on plunger for a 40 pound dog per day for 3 days will get you in the ball park of safe dosing.

Please double check for yourself: http://www.drugs.com/vet/safe-guard-...rmer-25-g.html

For the record , I use the liquid safe guard 10% for my 10 rescue dogs.

Hope this helps.
    Best , oldhounddog

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by oldhounddog; 03-06-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: add

Thank you oldHounddog!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

Hounddog,

I am so very confused about the Safeguard... I need to knock out Giardia in my dog which I have about 30 ranging from 2 pounds to 30 pounds. I want to use the liquid safeguard but when I read 400 MG for a 20 pound dog, I just can't wrap my head around it? I have syringes that have ML on them - So how do I figure out the conversion of MG to ML? Any help would be much appreciated. Lea

I just read the article on worms and Safeguard, 1 ML per 5 pounds... got my head wrapped around it now....