My pup eat hares scat, someone have ever seen that??

Thread: My pup eat hares scat, someone have ever seen that??

My pup eat hares scat, someone have ever seen that??

Hello to everyone.
    I grew some waterfowl and protection dogs before i came in beagling.
    I' m new in the forum and hares hunting with beagles too.

My pup was a 13weeks old female.
    I just start to trail scent at 9 weeks, with a cloth drag with scent at first and with a baby rabbit a week after.

At this time she's start to eat the scat of the rabbit on the backyard and also when i take her in the wood she's eat every berry,s of the hares she find on the ground
    I think she' s eat enough at home...

Somebody know something about that? some feedback?
    It's ok or not?
    thank you.

I would not say it is OK , however , many dogs will do this. I would do a little basic obedience training and add in the " Leave it" command and work on training your Beag not to eat the scat. I think in time your Beag will get it with some gentile correction from you , just go slow as you have plenty of time.

The training to scent track can be fun for you and your dog , plus spending quality time outside with your Beagle serves as great bonding.

Best , oldhounddog

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Great!! I think i' m on the right way with that, my pup Lady make large progress.
    I agree, lot of fun and good times i love to see her learn the life, like childrens to.
    thank you oldhounddog

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

Both my beags are obsessed with it. The vet said to not let them do it if possible. Its funny because they won't eat deer droppings, just the rabbit poo. I always worry about parasites.