Limping, lameness , help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limping, lameness , help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Limping, lameness , help!

Ace stated limping a month ago. Front left leg. Slightly swollen wrist. Little warm. Worst after resting, after the first ten or so steps getting better. Negative for Lyme, heart, neck, back good, nothing in the paw. X-ray shows nothing , even compered with right leg was good from paw to shoulder.
    Got rymadil, Tramadol , dasaquin , no help. Now is on Prednisone.
    I'm depressed , can't afford MRI, need opinions, pls!

Aww...poor Ace. I hate when they have an issue that we can't figure out. This site is really good and might give you some ideas:

http://www.vetinfo.com/injuries-dog-injury.html

Thkns . I know for sure it's not a tumor. That's good, probably tendon or ligament. Prednison seems to help. I heard there is some homeopatic solution , does anybody tried it???

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

I have a book on massage therapy for dogs. Molly loves when I give her a massage. Do you have a holistic vet nearby?

No, and to tell you the truth I'm out of money, I paid so much for the x- rays and other things
    and I'm disabled.
    Prednisone seems to work but I don't like the side effects . I can't keep his weight down , which is no good for the leg .

I totally understand the money thing. They sure can get expensive, all it takes is a few vet visits.

This site might help you learn a few massage techniques you can do at home. Massaging some pressure points gently could help the lameness.

You can try to keep his weight down a bit by cutting back on the dog food and adding canned green beans that will fill him up but have no calories. Also you can replace treats with kibble. Cutting back on a few cookies makes a big difference.

Ace finished 7 days prednisone , was well for a week, now limping again.
    Pls, need opinions, Oldhounddog , did you read my pm!pls?

Quote Originally Posted by kutyuska View Post
    Ace finished 7 days prednisone , was well for a week, now limping again.
    Pls, need opinions, Oldhounddog , did you read my pm!pls?
    Judit ,

First of all do not get depressed , sounds to me like you have taken all the normal and routine Vet related precautions. I understand about costs very well , so , with the limited info I have on Ace I will give you my thoughts on his joint trouble.

1. Make a serious effort to help Ace get to a healthy weight...
    2. I would stay away from Prednisone if you can.
    3. Swelling/fluid buildup in joint area is a key symptom. Could indicate a problem with the joint capsule and leakage of synovial fluid causing swelling. In my opinion (I'm not a Vet. ) the leaking synovial fluid will not harm the joint. However , you will need to think about saving up for a visit with a Ortho Vet as your regular Vet has prolly gone as far as he/she can go at this point.
    4. There is a 50/50 chance that Ace may improve on his own if weight is controlled and you continue joint meds and mild exercise.

Best , oldhounddog

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

how old is your dog ??

4 years old