Beagles are Stubborn?--Agree or Disagree?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beagles are Stubborn?--Agree or Disagree?

Beagles are Stubborn?--Agree or Disagree?

I've heard that Beagles will often test the limits of your patience and can often be difficult to train because of their stubbornness.

Although smart, Beagles are also known to be one of the breeds which are slow to housebreak.

Any feedbacks?

I read somewhere that Beagles trained for the Beagle Squad of the USDA are generally difficult to train but not possible. Trainers capitalize on the Beagle's one true weakness, and that is its appetite. The abundance of treats will certainly get your Beagle's full attention and make training much more easier.

I guess they're not really stubborn, just full of unspent energy that makes them have a shorter attention span.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

Dog treats certainly helped in a super big way in during obedience training and housebreaking my Beagle. They don't seem to get full. I wonder where they put all that food?

Stubborn? Hmmm, intelligent and cunning. I swear my second beagle Katie would manipulate her puppy (ah, let me explain that her puppy was a golden retriever I got for her) so that the puppy would get in trouble for something Katie did, or she'd maneuver her so that she, Katie, could get what she wanted. It was incredible to sit back and watch her 'work'.

Stubborn? Hmmm.... does that include telling me off because she wanted to go for a walk and I didn't get to it quick enough? She did that once. She told me off all the way down the street. I was in hysterics almost.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

I guess Beagles are just like people--some are stubborn and some are just super intelligent that will try to con you =)

I truly believe that my Katie could have been trained to be a movie and tv dog. She was extremely smart.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Badger is stubborn. He likes to test his limits and see how much he will get away with first. As long as I correct him right away he is good. But yes they are very smart and they like to have their own way too!

Actually, that's more one of my current dogs, a shepherd/lab/heeler mix. She is ultra smart and ultra stubborn. Get this.
    Me: Crate
    Dog: walks to crate and stares at it
    Dog: gets in but then walks halfway out
    Dog: backs up but two paws out
    Dog: one paw in
    Dog: finally in but stares

LOL However, there is an alternate version.
    Me: Who wants a treat? Get in the Crate
    Dog: inside crate, sitting down, and staring at me attentively in about 2 seconds.

<g>

Thanks for the input. My hanna's stubbornness is displayed at times but I quickly correct it to let her know that I'm the boss.. so far so good...