Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Toby: My Best Friend

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  casey_chevelle 
#1 · (Edited)
My childhood best friend, Toby, died on January 15th after a battle with severe illness. Many complications made it to where there was no cure for him and the best thing to do was to put him to sleep. He was in a lot of pain and I battled for weeks with myself before I finally decided that he did not deserve to be hurting anymore. The vet said he felt no pain when he just went to sleep and never woke up.

Toby was a Katrina survivor and would be six the week before the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. He helped me grow up and that goofy little farm dog helped me through some rough times in my life.

He will be missed by everyone who has ever come in contact with him. Everyday there are reminders of him, everywhere. A tennis ball under the couch, a rope toy under the hay bales and his food bowl by the back door. Every time I walk outside I expect Toby and his best friend the cat to come running up the porch steps to meet me. Now the kitten cries by the door every night and I can't help but cry with him.

Hopefully Toby is up there chasing the horses like he used to and is rolling around with his brother Ringo up there in heaven. I truely believe that is where he went becase he was my Angel.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.