Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Frustrated new owner

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ginger 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I hope you can help me. My wife and just rescued a 1.5 year old female. She is adjusting very well however she keeps licking her front paws. To the point that they are red and emflamed and it's hard for her to walk, it's mainly her front paws. We have a vet appointment tomorrow. We tried Benadryl and that made no difference. I wrapped them to keep her from licking. I was using a collar and she pulls. I have switched to a harness. I read that it could be related to her pulling and causing some muscle strain. She also takes forever to go potty. She sometimes wakes us up in the middle of the night but doesn't actually go potty. I have her outside for 20-30 minutes and still nothing. She is eating twice a day. She is drinking but I think she could be drinking more. She only goes potty once or twice a day. But she does poop and pee everyday. Any help is much appreciated. I love our little girl but I am getting frustrated. Please help.

Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.