Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

My beagle doesn't stop humping!

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tanphivan1 
#1 ·
Hello everybody! This is my first question here. I have a beagle whose about to complete her 4th month. Her name is Coco.
I train her twice everyday for 15 mins each. Her attention span is pretty low. I take her for walk every third day and to the beach on weekends. Since I'm always on the run and leave early to work on weekdays, i am not able to take her to daily walks.
Of lateI have observed that she often humps my dad's leg or my cousin's(male and female) arm or leg. She doesn't hump me or my mom, maybe its because we(me and my mom) usually discipline and train her. Also she humps my cousin when my cousin's on her period( wears pads so coco can probably smell and sense when my cousin is on her period).
I read some training tips online and taught my dad and cousins to follow. I tell them to push coco away when she humps and say 'no'. But Coco is so adamant that come right back and literally pounces on them again. We push her off a couple times and she just is more determined. Sometime she pounces fast and gets angry since we pushed her and wrinkles her muzzle and starts humping , again. Its so embarassing. Very very embarassing. She doesn't listen to our commands.

Once I got so angry at her, and pushed her far, and said no and body blocked her from going to my dad or cousin. But she is determined. When she is uncontrollable , I get so angry and smack her upper leg or her side arm or push very far quickly or attach a leash and tie it to the table leg.

I don't know what to do! I feel so guilty when I slap her . I feel guilty that I'm not training her or something. She has so many toys. I've tried to distract her with them , but she continues humping. And when I stop her or when she knows i'm angry when I push her , she runs around the house like crazy.
I just can't get to control her.
Please help me! What do I do to remove such bad behaviour ? How do I make her more receptive to my commands when she's distracted with humping or smelling and picking things from the yard?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.