Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Barking for 4 days now!

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pooch495 
#1 ·
I have a 5 year old generally well behaved beagle but now he's driving me crazy!! We are pretty sure there's a groundhog living in the creek on our property just beyond his invisible fence line. He has been barking continuously for 4 days now when he's out back. I have tried praising him, then I put deer repellent thinking it might cover the scent he's tracking, and we even took off his invisible fence collar and took him on the leash to track the scent last night. I don't know what else to do.. any suggestions?

#2 ·
Can you take him out on leash to where the evil groundhog lives? Maybe if he can get to it's location to get some sniffing done, then maybe it won't be such an obsession. You can use tasty treats to reward him when he is done sniffing and heads home. Something about groundhogs drives mine crazy, even worse than bunnies. Or, maybe you can use a have-a-heart trap to catch the hog and relocate him to a new safe location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.