Ear Clots
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear Clots

Ear Clots

Seeing a post about ear infections reminded me about this. My first beagle was highly prone to clots in her ears. I guess it's from flapping those adorable ears of hers, but I think over the course of her lifetime, her little ears were bandaged from operations 8 times. My second beagle never had that issue. Was this a rarity for the first, or did I just luck out the second time?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Aww, poor doggie. Having to have those ears bandaged is no fun! Are you talking about a blood clot, like a hematoma? Some dogs are more prone to those.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangypsy View Post
    Aww, poor doggie. Having to have those ears bandaged is no fun! Are you talking about a blood clot, like a hematoma? Some dogs are more prone to those.
    Yes, are you talking about Aural Hematoma?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

Yes. She had them all the time. "Don't let her flap her ears." Right. Yeah, Sure. You tell that to a beagle! lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Yeah, what are you supposed to do? Tie her ears up?......tell her to sit still and not be happy?.....hmmm

My beagles have never experienced any aural hematoma. I'm just wondering why your beagles keep getting that?

beagles flap their ears because of the presence of mites or there might be the start of an infection in ear. Tick bites or mosquito bites can also cause a beagle to flap its ears. Whatever may be the exact cause, a hematoma should best be examined by the vet.

It was just my first beagle, many years ago, who had the hematomas all the time. I have no idea why she was so prone to them.

I don't think it is that common, although some dogs are more prone to it than others. Perhaps it was just that way for her. It does seem that once a dog has it, they are more likely to continue having this.

That's exactly what I was curious about. I worried about it alot with my second beagle, but she never had one hematoma.