Differentiating a hunting dog from a pet

Thread: Differentiating a hunting dog from a pet

Differentiating a hunting dog from a pet

I will try to keep this short. I (along with a wonderful group of rescuers) spent countless hours tracking & finally trapping a beagle who was running for 3 weeks. He first showed up around the start of small game season here. I am trying to make finding his people a little easier on myself & am wondering if there is any way to tell if he's a lost hunting dog or someone's pet. He knows basic commands but maybe there are hunting specific commands that he would only know as a hunting dog?
    I feel bad for this little guy & would love to help him get home. I haven't found any missing beagle posts in my area so I am assuming he's not from here & I'm hoping he wasn't dumped. Any advice/suggestions/etc would be appreciated.

try to check all similar sites, youtube, and forums. I am sure that u can found a answer. My sister had the same problem with her dog, u can pm me if u want

yeah, agree with brandonHH above. Check out more sites and tutorials. Maybe books? or special places? Hope that u solve it! I think that it is a big difference between hunting dogs and usual. It is connecting with the dog’s history. I was really interested in this topic and started to read books and blogs about that. For example, I found this website https://petsoid.com/history-of-queensland-heeler-dogs/ where is offered trusted info and topics. In this blog, I find a lot of useful info about dogs. These guys have a comfy blog with easy navigation. I spend hours on this blog because there is so much useful info! If u have time, u can check out this link and read new for u info!
    Last edited by JessicaDowd; 08-19-2020 at 07:48 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

I don't like dogs. I like cats better

I also think that cats are much better than dogs. Let's start with the fact that cats are often much smaller than dogs, if you do not take into account breeds such as Chihuahua or Yorkshire Terrier. This means that these cute and purring pussies can be safely started even in the smallest apartments, such as a studio or one-room apartments. There will be enough space for them in the form of a small booth that will fit in any free corner of your home or a small labyrinth with a soft house. By the way, I decided to get a cat breed laperm . Laperm are playful and curious. They will definitely be interested in everything that happens around. Moreover, they will certainly participate in the life of the family and in every possible way try to attract attention to themselves. Sitting quietly on the sidelines and observing is not about laperm! The love of these cats extends to everyone. And first of all, of course, for children. LaPerm are very sensitive and caring. With the right upbringing, they will never scratch, bite or offend the baby. They are quite careful and careful in dealing with children. They behave calmly with dogs, they perceive them as potential friends, not enemies. But only if the dog respects the cat's space.