Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Beagle and Jack Russell Terrier

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gorgonedago 
#1 ·
Hi guys!
My parents want to get a dog and I help them choose because I have a dog. My parents want to have a dog that will be a good companion for them. In this article, I read that Jack Russell Terrier is a great companion. But my parents, to be honest, do not really like this breed. I think the Beagle is similar in character to the Jack Russell Terrier. It's true?
Thank.

#2 ·
Opinion

This is just my opinion, but I have owned both breeds.
The Jack Russell is an awesome companion but will need constant attention! They are very high energy dogs and will get themselves into trouble if not stimulated all the time.
Not the beagle side of things, they can go both ways. They love to play and are great companions also there noses tend to get them into trouble from time to time and they can be hard to house break as well. Remember they are both breed to be working dogs so both have a lot of energy. But it’s my opinion that you can’t beat a beagle for both a hunting dog and a wonderful loyal companion hands down. They are content with laying around and being a lazy hound but when your ready to go and hang they love being with you and have a ton of unconditional love to give. I say you can’t go wrong with a beagle.
But each breed does come with there own set of challenges to overcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.