Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Tell us a bit about yourself:)

1M views 105 replies 73 participants last post by  cottonbuds 
#1 ·
Here's a few suggestion questions that you can copy and paste if you want.

What's your name?

General Age?

Married? Children?

How many boxers? other dogs - what types? any other pets?

Where are you from?

What work do you do?

What do you like doing in your spare time [I know - what spare time!]

And do you have a picture of yourself? [it would be nice to see who we are talking to!]

#2 ·
Online, folks just call me Orry. I hail from Northern California, and I am unemployed. Right now, I have my two dogs. I have always had dogs since I was a young child, so I have many at Rainbow Bridge. I am part of the true TV generation (that's your age hint), and I enjoy traveling, photography, NASCAR, writing, and the entertainment world.

How's that for a start? Next!

#4 ·
Hi, my name is Kris. I live in Pittsburgh PA and own 5 dogs - two are tri color beagles and one is a beagle/lab mix. I also had a lemon beagle who passed away two years ago. I love all my dogs but beagles are my favorite breed. They are the best dogs on Earth.

#5 ·
Hi I'm Sharon. I live in Northampton, England. I'm a Graphic Designer for the UK's No. 1 Builders Merchants. I have two dogs. One's a tri colour pedigree called Harry, who's 2 years. The other a lemon/white bitch Beagle/Harrier called Honey, who's 4 years. Both came to me via Beagle Welfare www.beaglewelfare.org.uk, a brilliant organisation here in the UK. Harry is very good off the lead, Honey is a nightmare! I also have 2 cats, one's a chocolate and white boy called Chelsea, who's 13, and a girl "tuxedo" cat called Sox who's 12.

#10 ·
Hello all,
My name is Al, have made the half century mark. I am single. My only dog's name is Mickey, he is a lovable, though thoroughly stubborn beagle. We hail from Lexington, N.C., U.S.A. I work in manufacturing and enjoy motorcycling in my spare time...Would appreciate any and all help on housebreaking Mickey!
Thanks in advance,
Al

#14 ·
Hi everyone! I'm Piper (around forums anyway :)). I live in Pennsylvania with my fiance and our two furkids- a 5-year-old tri-colored beagle named Lucy and a 6-year-old lab-mix named Stella. Lucy is the smaller beagle variety, under 13-inches.

I work in advertising and in random order, I love: sushi, fashion, traveling, blogging/writing, jewelry and jewelry design, photography, Lost, cooking, and beagles. Okay. Maybe not totally random order. I love beagles (and other dogs) most. :)

#15 ·
I currently have a male and female Beagle (Obie and Lulu). They were adopted when they were 2 1/2 & 1 1/2 from a Beagle Rescue. I have had 3 prior Beagle and these 2 are by far the best! They were such a mess as they came from a hunting kennel and Lulu was gun shy and ran away every time a rifle was fired. Obie (not related to Lulu) so loved her from the day she was born into his kennel, that when she ran he followed! Needless to say, the hunter no longer wanted these 2 sweet under 13 inch tri-color beagles. I had lost my prior beagle due to a fall from a truck that broke his back and really needed a new baby! I found them just by looking at their pictures on a website and they were a package deal! Best package I ever got! I work in real estate/vacation rentals and love my beagles, knitting and designing knit wear!

#16 ·
Hi Al, I have also hit the half century mark (plus a little), am married to a man named Al and live on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I have 2 verrrrrry stubborn beagles (they are just made that way). They are very difficult to break! you have to get them before they go hide it somewhere! I've found one of the best methods, is to have a second beagle! my male never tells us if he needs to go out. my female always tells me and luckily, the male just follows along! good luck with Mickey!

#17 ·
I am Sara, I am 28 years old, I live in Victoria BC and work in Real Estate. I live with my boyfriend Nick who is a long haul truck driver. We have a 1 year old Beagle named Badger. Badger sometimes even goes on the road with Nick for company. He is a very well travelled Beagle! I like to shop, watch movies, bake and spend time with my friends and family!

#18 ·
Hi, my name is Danielle. I am 22 years old and a mother of three beautiful sons under the age of 2. I'm not married but I am engaged to a wonderful man.

We have 3 dogs; A three year old female tri coloured Beagle named Shiloh, a 6 month old female black and tan Rottweiler named Penny and a 3 month old black and white male Dalmatian named Wally.

We live in Adelaide; South Australia, and I currently dont work as I'm a stay at home mum to my sons. In my spare time I like to read or go for a walk with my dogs.

#22 ·
Hi everyone,
My name is Donna. My husband and I have four beagles at our house today. We have had up to 14 beagles at one point. We love beagles! I am a Public Health Nurse Supervisor and believe in finding out information and people's experiences. So we decided to breed beagles. My science background made me want to ensure that we breed healthy strong beagles. Having a good beagle, I have discovered, is how well the owners train and treat their beagle. That is wh this forum sounds so good, so we can share information to make lives better for owners and beagles.

#24 ·
Hi everyone :)

My name's Joanna, I'm recently married; May this year wohoooo & I live in Lincolnshire, UK. We've got 2 Beagles, Bawdy she's a 2year old tri-coloured bitch & we've had her since she was a pup. She's a true pedigree & is the most beautiful Beagle I've ever seen awwww. Then there's Teddy, he's a lemon/white male, he's app. 3.5/4yrs old, we've had him nearly a year. He 2 came via Beagle Welfare www.beaglewelfare.org.uk bless his heart. He had been moved from pillar 2 post most of his life, in & out of different homes/kennels because of his aggressive nature :( But I'm pls'd 2 say that nearly a year on he is the most loving, sopey dog you could ever ask for, it has taken alot of hard work mostly by my husband, alot of tears on my side 2 finally get him where he is now & we love his with all our hearts & we wouldn't change him for the world xx

#25 · (Edited)
Hello,
My name is Judit, originally from Budapest , Hungary. 56 years old, married and have a son. I live in Los Angeles and work as a teller. Like to read, watch TV, but first and foremost I love my dog and all the beagles.
I came to this country 12 years ago, with my late beagle . Since he died 9 years ago I was heartbroken. Last September I got Ace as a surprise present from my son:)
Nice to meet everybody.

Attachments

#27 ·
Hello Everyone,
My name is Jan, I'm married with 3 grown children and TEN beagles. We've raised beagles for 14 years and are still lucky enough to have one of our first, Duchess who is 14 years old and still loves to run in the fields. We are a military family and so we move a lot, currently living in Southwest Louisiana where we bought our home, perfect for beagles with 6 acres of woods & pasture. Other than Duchess, I have 4 girls, Phoebe - age 10 (Duchess' puppy), Lacy - age 6, Tangles & Molly - age 3 (Lacy's pups), and 5 boys, Beau - age 3 (a rescue), Blue, Trapper, & Oscar - age 2 (Lacy's last litter), and Duke, age 1 1/2 (Tangles' only puppy). Maybe one more little girl rescue - my neighbor found her Monday, still no luck on finding the owner. I love all dogs, really all animals. I also like old movies, 80s music, cooking, and creating art/crafts.

#28 ·
Hi all, My name is Kerry, I live in CT. I am 39 years old, married with 2 great children, and breeder of Sheltland Sheepdogs. I have 6 shelties and I compete in conformation. Three of my 6 are AKC champions. I have found the Beagles Unlimited Site so informative and helpful, that I decided to join the forum. Thanks! Kerry

#29 ·
Hello from Canada: My name is Christine, single, no children, just have my 4.5 yr old tri-colored beagle pup named Niko who is my life and pride N joy, I live in Southern Alberta - Canada about an hour south of Calgary, I work as a LPN in a hospital and a Client Care Assistant in a 24 hour drug and alcohol treatment centre. In my spare time I love to travel with my beagle when I can or overseas, outdoors, spend time with family/friends and special time with Niko, movies, music, going to the mountains, Europe, Scotland and more that interests me. Hope to help those out with my experience and meet some new friends.
Take care!

#30 ·
Nick & Michele...parents to our 5 year old Beagle, Charlie...and 5 year old Chiuaua, named Chi! We live in Northern California, in the East Bay and rescued Charlie earlier this year...so we're still learning a lot about him and Beagles. He's keeps us busy, but shows more love then any dog or person we know. Charlie comes to work with me 2-4 times a week...and takes advantage of sleeping ALL DAY, leaving the nights open to do his Beagle thing! We can't let him off a leash if he's not fenced in...looking for help on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.