Tell us a bit about yourself:) - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Tell us a bit about yourself:)

Hi y'all

I'm Leighann, married with 4 kids (1 1/2, 3, 5, & 6). We got our first beagle puppy, Tucker, 6 yrs ago from a breeder and our second beagle puppy, Charlotte, last year. We love our dogs and could never own another breed! We are in NW Georgia. We aren't hunters but enjoy a good scent game every now and then with T & C. We are in the middle of Charlotte's first heat, so it's been interesting keeping the two of them apart. I'd love to breed them but A. I think she's too young (10 months) and B. with our already busy home, my husband doesn't want the stress.

I look forward to sharing my Beagle knowledge andgetting answers to any questions I come up with!

Hello Leighann ,
    Welcome to the forum, make sure and post a pic of Tucker&Charlotte when you have time. We have a lot of information on the forum for Beagles , please look around when you have time. I do rescue work and currently have 10 hounds , mostly Redbone , and, I am also in NW Ga.

Scent games are fun for all and great for winter time when you are not outside as much. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best , oldhounddog

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Finally posted a picture, but dang, my two just won't sit still when they see the camera! So my profile picture is Charlotte, I'll have to get a good one of Tucker up too and maybe one day I can sneak a picture of them together when they're snuggled up sleeping! 067.jpg012.jpg
    Last edited by Tucker&Charlotte; 03-25-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: eta: found a picture of Tucker! Charlotte on left, Tucker on right

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

Hello t and c. I know what you mean about trying to get pics. I cant get my pups to hold still either.

Thumbs up

Yes, I believe Shiloh is always cute and looking very pretty until I try to get her attention for a nice portrait and then she starts sniffing for a treat! You just have to have patience and get the good candid.... I get about 1 nice one for every 20 I shoot. Thank goodness for digital cameras and the "delete" button....Shiloh Lukens on the deck.jpg

Sam can't believe his dumb brother.jpgHi Fellow Beagle Lovers,
    My name is Casie and I have 2 male beagles. They are 1 1/2 years, brothers, named Sam & Marley. Although they are very loved (adored) by my family of 4, I can't seem to manage them beyond sit and down. I am looking for effective training tips, especially when it comes to coming when called and not running off. We live in Collinsville, Oklahoma. One of my boys has pretty crazy separation anxiety and the other one practically breaks down the door to run away. I have taken the runner to obedience school and I bought the anxious one a Thunder Shirt. The shirt seems to have helped somewhat. I would greaty appreciate any tips or advice on helping train my 2 unruly boys from running away, coming when called, and lessening separation anxiety. Thank you. I look forward to chatting. Casie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by casieclayton; 06-27-2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: I wanted a different picture.

Hi Cassie. For recall training we use a long lead and treats. We let Vazzle go out the length of the lead, call her back and reward her. It works really well because if she is in the fenced yard off leash, she comes in the house when called. I always reward my beagles with praise or reward when they come in the house when called. This training book is pretty helpful too
    http://www.amazon.com/Training-Your-...eagle+training

Separation anxiety can be a challenge but it is do-able. Routine helps alot. Always keep your coming and goings calm and pretty much ignore your beagle during those times. When I leave for work, I hand them a cookie and say "see you at 11" and go. When I get home I ignore them for a minute or so until they settle down. Leaving a TV or radio on helps also.

Cassie,
    I'm not going to offer any help with separation anxiety strictly because once you hear it once, it will all seem to sound like the same thing on repeat. I have had 4 beagles in the last 8 years and 3 of them have had separation anxiety. Out of all the things that were suggested to me, truthfully, nothing really worked aside from managing the symptoms. For me the most important thing about your post is that you said your one pup is one that bolts out the door. I would HATE for you to ever have to experience losing your dog. Currently, I have 2 males and one female beagle. My 2 boys like 2 hunt and stop at nothing including digging multiple holes out of our fenced in yard to go after rabbits. I can't explain in words the horrific sense of panic you feel when you realize you can't find your babies. I hated that feeling and wanted to ensure that I would always be able to find my boys. Therefore, my husband and I bought Tagg, The GPS Pet Tracker. Its a small tracker that clips onto the dogs collar that knows where your dog is 24/7 and has an app for your phone that keeps you constantly aware of where they are if they are outside of the perimeter that you set. The website is www.Pettracker.com if you choose to purchase it, use this code: TA1449 and get 10% off a tracker.

Hello My name is Tim, 42 years old with a wife and three kids. I had 2 beagles eight years ago , Nellie and Kellie, they were great rabbit dogs and just great to be around. I do HVAC building automation and am trying to convince my wife to get another beagle. I miss running beagles very much, it hit me tonight as i was deer hunting on the land I used to rabbit hunt.

hello,

my name is tom I live in a small town just south of Pittsburgh, pa. I don't have a dog but i'm looking to get my son a beagle puppy soon as I can find one. I like to take hikes, fish, golf, and just hang around the house with my boy. don't have much spare time but when I do its either fishing or hiking. glad to be part of a beagle group this will be cool.