Overweight Beagles
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overweight Beagles

Overweight Beagles

I know Beagles have a predisposition to getting obese and I don't want my two babies getting overweight. I have friends whose beagles are overweight and they have to deal with certain health problems.

I have been trying to cut off on their food but they always get me with those sad eyes so I'm thinking about more exercise for them but they just like to lie around and sleep when we don't go out for walks.

Do they have a yard to run around in? Maybe get them some outdoor toys and let them get some exercise this way. Look at their diet also, they need to have a good quality food.

You might be giving them much more than what they really need each day. Without regular exercise, you will surely have not one but TWO fat beagles on your hands.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BeaglesUnlimited.com
    Advertisements

You have to be the adult. However, what I do sometimes is actually give them less with their regular food, and then I know I can spoil them later. :}

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

I keep mine on a healthy balanced diet. somedays however he does get spoiled with a few extra treats, but I walk him and exercise him a lot too. his size for 13 inch beagle is supposed to be around 25lbs and he is 27lbs. When I ast took him to the vet he said it was a healthy weight for him to be at.

Perhaps your dogs have become bored. Think of other activities that you feel comfortable doing with your dog that will stimulate them to move. Just like people, dogs turn to eating or become lethargic when boredom sets in. I know of a dog owner who brought home a heavy-duty treat dispensing machine that entertained and provided a form of exercise his dog during the times that it was left alone.

The kongs are great for making the dogs work for their treats and get exercise as well. I love them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Beagles are certainly masters at the sad-looking, please-share-your-food routine. Even so, there's no good reason for having an overweight beagle.

Dogs need exercise — not so their owners can justify feeding them more, but simply because exercise is good for them (and their owners). As for food, if a dog is overweight, cut back its food. Really it's that simple: feed them less and exercise them more.

Okay, maybe not so simple if the owner lacks self-discipline. Unfortunately, there's just no way around it; a beagle's not going to eat less on its own, so it's up to its owner. An owner is responsible for his or her dog's health, and feeding it too much is betraying that responsibility. Owners who give into those pleading eyes aren't doing their dogs any favors — they're simply avoiding the misplaced guilt that comes from saying "no," and worst of all, being an accomplice to obesity, diabetes, joint problems and an earlier-than-necessary death.

I guess it all boils down to being responsible dog owners. Oftentimes we fail or perhaps we refuse to see that we are a willing "partner in crime" towards dog obesity and all the horrible problems that follows it.

Actually I made a connection once between a woman, her child, and her dog. Love was sought and given via food.