Beagles Unlimited Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have one but my dog got it when he was already 15 months old. How old is yours?
When mine was a baby he destroyed almost everything .

·
Registered
299 Posts
I saw those in the store and I new Molly would shred it to pieces. Vazzy plays with toys and squeaks them, but Molly loves to shred and chew for the squeakies.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Badger can not have any squeaky toys or toys with stuffing they last 10 mins and are a total waste of money. I found toys that you can hide food and are a puzzle are the best for him. I often put his dinner in the kong or the "atomic bomb" toy and he has to figure out how to get his dinner out. I find these toys exercise his mind much better than a squeaky toy

·
Registered
299 Posts
I use the Kong type toys too, they love the Busy Ball with treats inside. There is also a fuzzy toy by Kong, I think its called Kong Wubba, the squeaker is in the rubber kong so they can't get it so easy:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting, Ace figures out the kong in seconds and eats the puzzle toy pieces after getting the food out.
The crazy critter is still "alive" but it is in bad shape already . I washed it several times but it's still shedding, people don't buy it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
We got one for Annie who also loves to destuff things, she never did chew through it, but the standard Poodle who is living with us had the end chewed off and one squeaker out within 2 mintues. I put it up, maybe when/if my niece is ever able to take him back, Annie can have her racoon back. I usually buy the same four toys ever two weeks. Two little stuffed pillow squeaky things and two rope toys $0.97 each at Walmart, that way when they destroy them (surprisingly takes about a week, we just throw them away and give them the new one. Not sure why but the little squeaky pillows take the poodle longer to destroy then the more expensive stuffed toys. Have to watch the rope toys though because once he starts unraveling them he will eat and swallow the rope, weird dog)

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Mattie will play with a new toy for a few months, being very protective of it, and suddenly without warning will shred it. The crazy critter was around for a few weeks and then bam!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts