Beagles Unlimited Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
First of all, thank you SO much for helping the poor little guy!!!

Most of my experience with beagles and cats have been fine. My first beagle Benny I got as a puppy and had a cat and a ferret at that time - they all were good friends and loved each other. Molly and Vazzy have seen cats at petstores and in the yard and they really don't pay them much attention. If you introduce the new dog and your cats slowly, they will most likely be fine. This ASPCA site has some really good info http://www.aspcabehavior.org/articles/108/Introducing-Your-Dog-to-a-New-Cat.aspx I have successfully introduced a high prey greyhound to my cat also, it can be done!! Just always make sure the kitty has a safe place to go, and introduce everyone slowly.

As for the fencing, I am personally very much against invisible fencing. Too many hounds get lost or hit by cars. If the beagle only has 3 legs, he would most likely be safest wearing a harness with a zip line from the house to a tree, or pole to pole.

Good luck, I hope you can bring him home :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am so glad you are bringing him home!

We were feeding Vazzy Science Diet and it was making her very smelly and her coat was dry and itchy. We switched her Iams naturals and she is doing much better. My beagles like rawhide chew sticks. I have used Greenies before but they got tummy aches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.