Beagles Unlimited Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Have your thought about the invisible fence?
My Beagle is not a fan of the water, but we hike him a lot. We live in a condo and don't have a yard, but I take him hiking and for lots of walks each day and he gets to burn his energy.
As for Cats it all depends if he has been around them before, Badger has never been exposed to them and he howls at them overtime he sees them. We have another Beagle owner however that lives 4 doors down from us and he has 2 cats and a Beagle and the Beagle loves them, however he had been exposed to them when he was a puppy.

Good Luck with your adoption! He sounds very lucky to have found your family :) do you have a name for him?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
It does in some, just depends on the Beagle. Some invisible fence companies also have a 100% money back guarantee if it doesn't work on the dog so that might be worth researching to.

My Boss got it for his dog (not a beagle though) and they started in the house running some test with areas of the house they didn't want her to go then they did training with the dog outside for a few weeks before they recommended letting the dog have the run around the yard.

I think Miles is a great name! Can't wait to see a picture!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.