Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Help shedding beagle

21K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Daiserson 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has some advice they could give us, our sweet Dixie is shedding so badly, I take her outside and brush her and it just comes off of her, but it seems this has been going one for sometime now, everything we owen is covered in beagle fur, HELP, any advice would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

#2 ·
We had/have the same problem with Annie. My niece is a dog groomer and she gave us numerous different brushes and such, part of our problem is that Annie has sensitive skin and the slicker and pin brushes seemed to hurt her. Now we use a rubber curry comb its got little pointy triangle things we just brush and brush and brush her with it, usually a good 10 minutes every 3- 4 days. After we brush first one way then the other, you flip the comb over and it pulls off the loose hair though sometimes I just use my hand. This seems to have stopped the shedding a bit. Also have noticed if we do a bath a month and brush her out good right before and right after (sometimes during) she can go like two weeks afterwords with no shedding.

#9 ·
We give our beagle a shower each week. Once a month we will use a dog shampoo - but otherwise we just put her in the shower and use a hand held shower head to rinse her down. Works well. We do limit the areas and furniture she can be on. This really cuts down the cleaning up the hair.

#12 ·
I give the 1000 mg flax seed capsule once a day, just put it in his food. He even eats it , he thinks it's a treat:)
I use the furminator three times a week and the bristle brush and the glove every day. Really improved a lot. When I finish the flex seed I give fish oil capsule 1200 mg once a day.

#13 ·
Brush the dog at least 4 times a week with a shedding brush (it pulls loose hairs out that would soon shed and get rid of the already shed, i use this brush all the time, because I had the same problem with my dog, and it doesn't hurt) Then theirs a spray that helps stop the shedding.

#14 ·
Hi, I had the same issue with Daisy. I bought a brush called the furminator. After I used it the first time for about 15 minutes her shedding has gone way way down. She has sensitive skin and she loves being brushed by this brush. It get the loose fur under the top coat. This brush is amazing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.