Beagles Unlimited Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All - I got my Beagle in August he is 5 months old and he was bred to hunt. and that is what he seems to want to do. I am looking to find a hunter who would like him. he needs to be trained and i have spoiled him. sorry. He is very lovealbe. and would make a great hunting partner and pet to the right person. I live in Albany NY. my heart is breaking as i love this little guy. but i am not a hunter an dit is not fair to him.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My beagle was a hunter before I adopted her and she was 2 years old. And my first beagle Benny was bred to hunt also, I got him at 10 weeks old and he became a family pet. I am just saying this because if you really love the little guy it is possible to have a beagle that knows how to hunt. My beags are super happy, I keep them busy and active. There is a group that gets together in the Albany area with their beags too, you may want to check them out. This is their website http://www.meetup.com/beagles-47/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for this info i will look into this. any ideas to how to get him to stop requiring me to sit next to him until he goes to sleep after he goes out at 2AM? lol

·
Registered
299 Posts
My girls can get pesty at bedtime and I just tell them to "Go to bed". Does he sleep in a dog bed in your room or a crate? Is he waking you at 2 am or is that a normal time for you to be up? Rewards work wonders of course! The more exercise and activity he gets, the easier it will be to get him to sleep!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts