Beagles Unlimited Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I owned a pet store for 13 years and sold the invisible fences. For the most part customers were very happy with them except for the owners of one breed...Beagles. They just don't seem to care. They put their noses down to the ground and go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
@mel070278...I mentioned in an earlier post that I used to sell this type of fence. I sold the Invisible Fence brand and it is a good quality product with a very good guarantee but there are many less expensive ones on the market now. From time to time we had returns from unhappy customers and as I mentioned earlier it was a very high percentage of Beagle owners. What many pet owners don't understand is that you just don't bury the wire and turn the dogs loose, there are a few weeks of training to do first. We stressed this at the time of the sale but sometimes people just don't want to hear certain things. Lucygirl is right, Beagles are smart. Their stubbornness makes people think they are un-trainable but that just isn't true.

When you install your fence here's a good tip: We had a gas powered lawn edger that we loaned out so that customers could "dig" a nice straight line that was just the right depth. This method was very fast and the lawn healed quickly also.

Hope this helped. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts