Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Medical cannabis for pets

9K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  PrincessJasmineW 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have a question. Is anyone have tried giving Marijuana to their pets for Medical purposes? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help them in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder, inflammation, and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from blimburnseeds.com/cannabis/original/feminized. Alternatively, they've also found new ways to infuse cannabis on food and beverages. If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Well, they don't share the same biology with us and that's why it probably is a bad idea. Marijuana are for humans.
Agreed. As far as I know, marijuana contains THC, which is poison for a large group of animals. BTW, this is poison even for people. Because when you "get high" you actually get poisoned. On the other hand, marijuana also contains CBD. And CBD can be used as a cure. For example, my uncle use it for healing his spinal pain. And it helps him. He uses these Europe produced tasty CBD gummies for this purpose. I don't know how would it affect beagles, for example. If I were you, OP, I won't try to make such experiments on my pet.

#3 · (Edited)
Cannabis is a very nice cure when you are in pain, everyone knows it, but for me and I’m sure I’m not the one, it is uncomfortable because of the smell and smoking process. Several I’ve used CBD oil and it helped me a lot. When my cat had a surgery I’ve decided to try help her and gave cbd oil, I’ve read that cbd oil is allowed for cats so I used it. The effect was great, she started to play, slept very well and ate good. So, in my opinion it was the best cure I could give to her. After a week, all her pain was gone and she behaved as normally. Especially cbd for cats helped use to get rid of this terrible and annoying pain and anxiety. I’m really very grateful that I’ve discovered it for myself. Hope my reply will help somebody.

#6 · (Edited)
I know a lot of people who were asking the same problem, and I can recommend you better to go the veterinarian first and only after that to make any decision. I have also wanted to give my dog CBD oil because I have noticed that the last time he was upset and didn't want to do anything.* But at last, I decided to go and consult the veterinarian first, and he told me that it will be too dangerous to give my dog CBD oils or any other weed or drug, so he told me to buy bentuangie kratom, it is not a drug but will help my dog to become happy again and get rid of depression. And during only a few days my dog became happy again and now he is happy again.

#7 · (Edited)
yeah, in case of inflammation it may be useful, however before using it you need to think twice. My mother was always saying that before using cbd oil for pets, you need to think of all advantages and disadvantages of this substance. To tell you the truth, negative side effects are usually long-term ones, so you probably won't know about them after some time having passed. However, I'd really think about using green malay kratom, it's a great substitute for cbd oil and it doesn't affect nervous system of your pet, being pretty effective at the same time.

#8 · (Edited)
I tried giving my cat marijuana to keep him from having colic, and it didn't really help him. After he ate the cannabis, he just lay on the floor for three hours and didn't make a sound. After a while, my cat started meowing again in pain, and I took him to the vet. The doctor prescribed medication for him, but to be honest, I didn't give any of these medications, as I saw on the Internet that they have terrible side effects. I decided to try giving my cat bladderwrack, as I often take it myself during meals. You can read about the benefits of bladderwrack on this page. To my surprise, this relieved my cat from his torment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.