Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

New to the world of beagles!

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  evathedo*g 
#1 ·
Hi there! I'm a long time dog owner but this is our first {mixed} beagle - Eva. We're not sure what else she has in her & she is around 2. We adopted Eva at the beginning of January, so she's been adjusting to us and us to her.

I'm hoping to get some peer help on certain issues { keeping UTIs away & getting her to drink more water!} and for some general chit chat.

Thanks for reading!

#2 ·
Hi evathedo*g ,

Welcome to the forum . You will find a lot of information here about health care , training and , of course Beagles.
Please post a picture of Eva when you can.

>I'm hoping to get some peer help on certain issues { keeping UTIs away & getting her to drink more water!} and for some general chit chat.>
We will be glad to help/chat , for now , please check you other post for the UTI and water question.

Adjusting to new home takes time and we can help if you have questions.......

Best , oldhounddog

#4 ·
Hi recurveit,

Welcome to the forum. We have a lot of information about Beagle care and training here on this site. When you have time please look around and if we can help please post in one of our forum sections. Also , we Love pictures and would like to see your new pups..

Best , oldhounddog

#7 ·
Welcome to you and Eva, thank you for adopting her! If she was just spayed, she may get a few UTI's, that happened to both of my girls and I adopted them around 2 years old and they were spayed by the shelters. I think Vazzle may have just had puppies too before ending up in the shelter and then she was spayed so she had a few UTI's. Not much to really do to avoid them in the future, some dogs just get them randomly. I think Molly has had one since in 5 years and Vazzle hasn't had any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.