Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Safe-Guard Dewormer question

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  oldhounddog 
#1 ·
I have been doing a lot of reading here and decided to register to ask my first dumb question. After reading the article on here I decided to purchase the Safe Guard Dewormer. Now that I have it, I realize the article omitted how it was administered. It it injected for beagles or given orally?

#2 ·
KSMITH ,
Welcome to Beaglesunlimited.

The administration of safe-guard suspension 10% (fenbendazole) is given orally. You can also give on food if you make sure all food is consumed.

Remember that this is a suspension and shake well before using. Make sure to use a dosing syringe for this product.

If other info is needed , please post back.

Best , oldhounddog

#3 ·
After I opened the bottle I kinda figured out that it should be given orally. Between that and the Ivermectin, I have plenty of syringes now to give an accurate dose. I gave them the first dose last night and have very high hopes for Safe Guard.

#4 ·
KSMITH ,

The Safe Guard is a very good product, I have used it for quite a while with great results. If I can help with anything else please let me know.
Ivermectin is a med I have used for a long time and it is another very good product with many uses.

Could I ask what you are treating with the Ivermectin?

Best , oldhounddog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.