Beagles Unlimited Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going shopping!!!! ;) Can anybody help me with my shopping list for my 3-month old Beagle? This is my first dog and I'm super excited:D

I'm not buying any puppy food yet as I have to ask my friend who is giving the Beagle to me. As for everything else that I need, any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey add these to your list...By now I assume you have quite a long list eh

1. crate
2. nail clipper with a guard that you can get from most pet supplies store
3. puppy treats
4. food and water dish
5. puppy toys to keep him occupied
6. collar and leash

will think about some more....

·
Registered
32 Posts
You've got a wonderful bundle of joy in there---a puppy! and a Beagle at that....That one's gonna keep your hands full.

Your pup will need blankets--one for use inside the crate and another outside.

and also load up on patience....if there's a store selling patience, buy all of it =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow great list Missy! Thanks!

Hey add these to your list...By now I assume you have quite a long list eh

1. crate
2. nail clipper with a guard that you can get from most pet supplies store
3. puppy treats
4. food and water dish
5. puppy toys to keep him occupied
6. collar and leash

will think about some more....

·
Registered
3 Posts
A spray bottle filled with water. Our little beagle is so stubborn, but when she's being naughty (barking excessively or chewing on something she's not supposed to be chewing on), a quick squirt of water stops her in her tracks. Actually, we don't even have to spray her anymore. She just sees the bottle come out and stops.

Also, I highly recommend pet insurance. It's been a great thing to have for both of our dogs. My beagle recently had a stomach virus where she was very dehydrated and had to get all kinds of meds and fluids. It cost me $600 but with pet insurance, I got $450 of that back. I use VPI, by the way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts