Beagles Unlimited Forums banner

Tell us a bit about yourself:)

1M views 105 replies 73 participants last post by  cottonbuds 
#1 ·
Here's a few suggestion questions that you can copy and paste if you want.

What's your name?

General Age?

Married? Children?

How many boxers? other dogs - what types? any other pets?

Where are you from?

What work do you do?

What do you like doing in your spare time [I know - what spare time!]

And do you have a picture of yourself? [it would be nice to see who we are talking to!]

#34 ·
Hello everyone. My husband and I love hunting with the dogs.(we have 6) the way I found this site was we have a female that we bought about a year ago and I wanted to see if i could track down her sire and dam's orginal breeder. so I put in the name john rogers came up with this web site and John Rogers Jr. as he has written an article. Molly is out of Jaymies Blue boy Boo and Choptalk Lottie Long Legs. We are locatated in Ohio. her heart and soul is into hunting.

#36 · (Edited)
Tell us a bit about yourself:)

What's your name? Bill, Shiloh's owner/companion

General Age? Baby Boomer of 1955

Married? Children? Yes, Three all grown... 1 granddaughter, she has not met Shiloh yet.

How many beagles? Just one now, and one who died in June.

Where are you from? South West Virginia, Blacksburg.

What work do you do? Air Traffic Control supervision

What do you like doing in your spare time [Playing "Chase the Puppy"]

And do you have a picture of yourself? Yes

#37 ·
Hi I am Bella "Beautiful"
I am 40 yrs
Female
Live in Ontario, Canada
Got my first Beagle at Thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving in October)
I've lost 5 pounds since her arrival... she is a great reason to go out and walk, walk and walk.
We went on our first bunny trail hunt... had I given her the opportunity we would of found some but I didn't want to walk too far off the trail.
She is a rescue dog, pure bread so we are thinking someone trained her as she is well mannered then she got loose and ran, ran and ran like Forest Gump into the woods and got lost... "Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get". I got the most sweetest kindest Alfa Female Hound North of the Mississippi. Her name is Molly and she is my best friend...

#38 ·
Hi, my name is Joe I live in Upper Michigan with my beautiful wife Kelly we are both Native American I'm from the Ojibwe Tribe and she is from the Potawatomi Tribe I'm retired Lithography (pressman) and teach Ojibwe in our local schools and community collage, spare time I make my own jewelry with greenstone we find in old mine pileings and have a pottery shop in our garage and also teach that at the Collage Going to get two beagle that were born on Jan 27 2010 but, had beagles when I was a boy love hunting with beagles lov this site so here we are hope to make some frends here thanks Joe

#39 ·
Welcome Joe.
Chi Miigwetch/Thank you, for replying. I live in a very populated area of Northern Ontario where Native Aboriginal's reside. I am very familiar with your culture and my husband is from the Bear clan (non native) I am from the Salmon clan (non native) but we go to as many pow wow's and local art and exhibits when we can. We are less then 2 hours away from Manitoulin Island... are you familiar with it? I have never owned a Beagle so I have no reason why I wanted one but I am glad she is apart of our family and she was a good pick for us. She is quiet, she is sleeping now and can rest for a few hours on end in your lap on your bed or just in house someplace soft to rest her head. Then on the other hand, she is silly, fun and loves runs and walks and the outdoors. Last night we celebrated the returning of Spring with the New Moon and Imbolc. We lit a bon fire, beat our drums, ran our bells and stomped on the snow singing, Old man winter it's time to go,. Spring is coming,. Snow melt snow... Molly loved the action and the fire and we all ran around the yard stomping on snow Molly thought that was the most amazing thing to see us play with her and celebrate the end of old man winter... take care; Bella

#41 ·
My name is David. My wife and I had to put out Australian Shepherd down in October after 16 wonderful years. Our 9 year old Westie was constantly looking for him so we decided that we had to get another dog. Went to an adotion agency in St George Utah (PAWS) to look for a suitable replacement. Out of all the dogs, here came a beagle that immediately sat on my foot and looked up at me. That did it. His name is Lucky and we have had him since November. He turned 1 year old in December (We got his AKC registrationshot records, etc). He loves the Westie and our 2 cats. He was apparently badly treated by his original owners but is coming out of it quickly. He's "my boy" and sleeps up tight against me all night. I worried, at first, because he has a tan or "liver" colored nose but I guess that is not so uncommon. I look forward to belonging to the forum.

#42 ·
Hello,
My name is Jamie. I'm from the suburbs of Chicago. My husband and I currently have a 5 year old tri-color beagle and a 9 month old lemon beagle. I just had a new experience with both of my beagles tracking down a rabbit in my backyard and I was hoping that the good people here would be able to help me to better understand their natural habbits and how to assist them in the future.

#43 ·
Hi

My name is Emma, Lucy May is the name of our nine month old beagle who is adorable, funny, cheeky, wicked, sneaky and so fun to be around (even if she does exhaust you)

I am living with my partner/boyfriend Gareth and my son Sam (who is 11). I work as a medical secretary in local hospital but love photography and walking. Lucy May came from a litter in a little village just passed St Clears (West Wales). Would also love some help with training Lucy, actually come to think of it help with recall too - ha ha helping a beagle with recall??? It'll be easier getting blood out of a stone.

#44 ·
Hello Everyone,
I have literally just found this amazing forum & immediately thought i should register!!! My name's Danielle, 25 from North Wales. I'm engaged and getting married in June this summer - so lots of exciting planning going on at the moment...
No children, but two gorgeous beagles - who mean the world to us.... Claude, who is 4 - bit of a grump, who has a proper show background in his family and walks very posh, ha ha! Missy our little princess, who is just 2. She is from a hunt background loves her long walks on the beach and in the fields and is constantly nose to the floor and wanting to play!!!!
Im training to become an accountant, but wont bore you with any of that!
Love to run and climb mountains when i have free time.... Looking forward to chatting on the forum's!!!!!

#46 ·
Hi Everyone,
My name is Shelly, I am 38 yrs old and single living in central Wisconsin. How do you put a profile pic on here?
No kids n no beagles at the moment even thou I have loved two very special ones named Bootsie who I got when I was 3 yrs old n Baby who I bought when I was 23 yrs old. Bootsie got stolen out of her dog cage in a horse fence over night and Baby I had to put down at the age of 12 1/2 in nov of 09. I will get another when I can and have the time to spend with it to train.
I have had two white short haired cats when younger also called mr n mrs snowball but I'm a dog lover.

I work a fulltime job but was told the first week of march will be losing our jobs due to lack of work may 2.
I like to camp, fish now n then, boating, read movies n music of all types, bike, swim, pool n darts, shop, hang out with family n friends.

#47 ·
Waves hello, My name is Ronae' (sounds like Renee) aka Stircrazy3. I am from Columbus, OH. I will be 46 in a few days. I am female and I am married. I have 3 sons - 26, 24, 21. My 3 daughters have received their Angel Wings. I have 3 grandsons and 1 grand-daughter. I also have 3 step-daughters and 1 step-son. I have a 7 yr. old Beagle/Lab (Maxwell Smart), a 5 mo. old Beagle puppy (Levi), 3 Cats (RazzMaTazz, Winston, Jasmine). I work with pets at a local Pet store. I am an animal advocate and I am their voice.

#48 ·
Hi, my name is Billie-Renee. I live in Topeka, Kansas, USA. I am a high school teacher. I currently teach levels 1 - 5 of Spanish, but I am also an English teacher and have taught Brit lit, mythology, and creative writing. I have one beagle, a tri color, named Pumpernickel. Pumpernickel is 2. I also have 4 cats - Hemingway, Huxley, Hathor and Hermes - and a gerbil, Gouda.

#49 ·
Hey all....my name is Mike and live in the city of Chicago. I'm 39, single, and live with my mom and younger brother, and my 2 year old mixed breed dog, Gunner....I got him through a Freecycle ad I answered after losing one of our previous dogs (mixed breed English Springer Spaniel), Daisy.

Gunner is a very loveable people doggie...my only problems with him are his separation anxiety (need some help with that) and the fact when people come over, hes almost too affectionate with them.

So hope to meet other beagle lovers through this forum!

#50 · (Edited)
Hello my name is Bill , but many call me manny. Just picke up my new beagle and named him charley. i believe he is a lemon he is very light tan with white and is 8 weeks old. i lived with my sister and her beagles, well hers ended up having pups and i got the pic of the litter. now I am working again and with my wife, 3 girls,and a lil wire hair terrior mix. charley seems to be comeing along well the second night he was all ready using the potty pad for the over nights and like to get out in the morning to do his business. its gonna be nice having another guy around the house. i live in riverfalls,wi. soon to be ellsworth wi where we will finally have a yard again.

#51 ·
Hello,
My name is Leanna. I breed and show cocker spaniels and I also am a professional groomer in California. I have wanted a dog that requires little grooming and I chose the beagle. I looked for a long time as I wanted a certain "look" and finally found her!! My beagle is 10 months old and her name is Jenga. She is the only beagle amongst alot of cockers! She is alot of fun!

#53 ·
Hello, my name is Glenda - aka "beaglesmom". I'm 72 years old, and am currently owned by 4 beagles - Chloe, age 10, Lottie, age 9, JoJo (Joe's Crescent Moon), age 7, and Lily, who is 1 1/2 years old, and is the daughter of JoJo and Mojave Desert Santana. I re-homed 7 of my beagles last year due to some age related health problems and trying to move.
I currently live in Colfax Washington, and am contemplating a move to Tacoma to be closer to my grandchildren.
I work as an "in-home care provider" to supplement my social security. Spare time is spent with my 4 beagle girls.

#55 · (Edited)
Good afternoon beagle lovers. My name's Anthony. I'm a 29 y/o divorced father of 2 girls. I've recently adopted my 1 1/2 year old beagle (Cooper) from a gentleman who has hunting beagles...Cooper didn't hunt how he wanted him to. So, we've provided him with the loving home he deserves. Cooper spent the first portion of his life in an outdoor kennel with other dogs. It was basically like getting a puppy as he had no leash training, no house training, and seemed to lack 1 on 1 affection. He's caught on great. Walks fine on a leash, house trained 99%, and loves to snuggle on the couch. He's adjusted perfectly to the kids. It's been a little over a month now and I wouldn't change it. I grew up with St. Bernards for many years, so was unsure how a small breed would be...needless to say, I'm a beagle lover now 100%. We live in the country so take many, many walks. The little guy can at least locate any cat in the area :) Looking forward to meeting some beagle friends and gaining new knowledge.

Attachments

#59 ·
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum and to having a Beagle in my life. I have an 8 week old (today) tri-color little girl named Allie. Though, the biting has made us start to call her Allie-gator. : )
I am married, live in the southeast, USA. I have a 3 year old child with whom I stay home to raise.
Dog Carnivore Wood Companion dog Flooring

#60 ·
Welcome Allie McBeagle

Welcome to the group! I'm Glenda, aka "beaglesmom". If Allie is your first beagle, you're in for the ride of your life. I was over 60 when I adopted my first beagle - and since then have gone on to breed championship line beagles and start my own beagle group on Yuku. Unfortunately I had to re-home 7 of my "babies" last year due to age related health problems, currently am owned by just my 4 girls - Chloe (10), Lottie (9), JoJo (7) and JoJo's "baby", Lily (1 1/2). Lily will be my last "puppy". Violet Font Magenta Art Rectangle

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.