The Beagle is an intelligent and active breed that loves to spend time with family. These dogs require a great deal of time and attention, and they tend not to do well when left alone for long periods of time. If you do have to leave your Beagle on his own, make sure that he has an assortment of toys to keep him busy. Here are the top six toys we recommend for Beagles:
- Multipet Duckworth Duck – The Beagle is a hunting breed, so he has a natural instinct to chase things. This plush duck toy is great for games of fetch and it has a squeaker that will drive your Beagle crazy. Keep in mind that this toy does have a squeaker inside, so if your dog tends to tear plush toys apart you should keep an eye out and replace it when it becomes damaged.
- Kong Classic Small – If you’re looking for a toy to keep your Beagle busy when you’re not at home, the classic Kong toy is a great option. Made from durable rubber materials, this toy can stand up to a lot of chewing and you can fill it with peanut butter or other treats to keep your dog actively engaged for hours at a time. There are a number of other Kong toys to choose from as well if your Beagle doesn’t enjoy this classic shape.
- Benebone Bacon-Flavored Bone – Some dogs simply love to chew and they have a tendency to chew anything they can get their mouths on. If your Beagle is a chewer, he’ll love this bacon-flavored bone toy. The bone features a curved wishbone shape with deep grooves for a good bite as well as an increased surface area for better scent and flavor. Made from durable nylon materials, this bone will stand up to heavy chewing and keep your dog engaged for hours.
- Ethical Pets Mini Skinneez Raccoon – Put your Beagle’s natural hunting instincts to work with this plus raccoon toy. Because this plus toy doesn’t have any filling, you don’t have to worry about your dog tearing it apart – it also has a squeaker to keep your dog actively engaged. Use this toy for tug-of-war or hide it somewhere in the house for your Beagle to find. Any way you use it, this toy will provide hours of endless fun.
- Mammoth Flossy Chew Small – If your Beagle loves to play tug-of-war, this rope toy is the perfect fit. It comes in a variety of different sizes and has three knots for you and your dog to hold on to. The cotton blend fibers will also help to clean your dog’s teeth as he chews and plays.
- Nylabone Dura Chew – For a simple but effective chew toy, these nylon bones are perfect for Beagles. This set comes with three small bones in different flavors and they can stand up to some pretty heavy chewing.
Every dog has his own preferences for toys so you may have to go through a bit of trial and error to see which toys your Beagle likes best. It is a good idea to start with an assortment of different toys and give your Beagle the opportunity to play with each one. Over time, it will become clear which toys your dog does and doesn’t like so you can make sure he always has one around.
Photo credit: anetapics/Shutterstock.com