Beagles Unlimited Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you stop a beagle from devouring everything that it thinks is edible?

This is the perennial problem of most Beagle owners. There's just no stopping them from eating!

Any tips? I have already tried saying a firm no to squirting water and all were in vain. It seems she hasn't eaten for a year!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Somehow I minimized that problem with obedience training and constant follow-up so that it will know what's not allowed around our house.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Obedience training is always a good bet. Also, does the dog have enough toys to play/chew on? Sometimes they can do this out of boredom.

·
Registered
23 Posts
All beagles seem like they are hungry even after they are fed. Oceangypsy had some good questions. Is your beagle chewing inappropriately? Put a drop of Tabasco sauce or hot sauce on the electrical cords, wood corners of tasty counters or wooden chairs.
"Leave it" is a good obedience command and then give them something else appropriate. My favorite...empty plastic water bottles... with supervision

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make sure the dog has plenty to keep it busy eg little treats inside a kong toy will keep the dogs attention for ages, have other toys around too, mine loves to play with plastic bottles, but I alwats keep an eye on her when she has them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts